Cerevance is a neuroscience focused drug discovery company dedicated to finding innovative new medicines for debilitating CNS disorders. The company’s powerful NETSseq platform profiles cell-type specific gene expression from human brain post-mortem tissue in health and disease with the aim of identifying novel targets for drug discovery. We have a pipeline of novel discovery- and clinical-stage compounds and a proven team of drug discovery scientists that we are looking to expand.
Role of the Scientist, Neuroanatomy
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our neuroanatomy team. This is an exciting opportunity to understand the neurobiology of disease and discover and validate truly novel therapeutic interventions. The role will include working with human tissue in the anatomical analysis of gene expression in the central nervous system and will have a broad impact across the portfolio from target selection through target validation.
This is a one-year, fixed-term position based in our Cambridge, UK laboratories.
- Following the standards required by the Human Tissue Authority, responsible for tissue banking, processing, sectioning, manual and automated immunohistochemistry, and in situ hybridization.
- In collaboration with team members, contribute to early research and target validation programs through gene localization assays.
- Serve as an integral part of the neuroanatomy team.
- Passionate scientist excited to work in a cutting edge neuroscience research environment.
- BSc. in a relevant discipline (pharmacology, neuroscience, biochemistry, biological science).
- At least 1 year of relevant industry experience in research pathology in a human tissue environment.
- Must be HepB immunized.
At Cerevance, we deeply value professional and personal development and provide our scientists with guidance, training and mentorship.
Cerevance offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Apply by the closing date of March 17, 2023. Please include a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria described above.APPLY NOW
Cerevance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.